Thursday, January 15, 2009

Writing or something like it.

The return of the day job, already? Yes, today I'm back to the day job. (Well, in another couple of hours.) 


Last night I had a bout of writing, which is good, because for nearly two weeks I haven't. I can't decide whether it's just that I've been feeling lazy, didn't really know which part to write next, or...some combination of these and other things. I was beginning to feel very guilty about it, though, this week.

So, Paris Immortal: Atonement, got a boost to 26,122 words, from sitting at 20,000 for a time. Much was floating scenes, though I ended up finding a place for the last one I set down, getting some forward, linear progress. I thought I would do more this morning, but I, ah, slept in. I will blame female issues. Yeah. Besides. Every scene I wrote last night had no real comedy relief, and I was drained, drained I say. Oi.

Deepest fears still hovers around 19,000 after a 7,000 word binge a week and a half ago, or so. I really should get back on that one, now that I feel better about having progress on the PI series.

No comments:

Post a Comment