Monday, January 12, 2009

Losing my blogger virginity. Again.

My, my. First post. I have other locations, but decided what the heck, let's try this blogger thing.

I am the author of Paris Immortal, released all over Europe in May, 2008. Its sequel, Paris Immortal: Awakenings, was released in Europe October, 2008. The third, Paris Immortal: Absolutions, comes your way in hard cover this month. You can find me in Waterstone's, WHSmith, Blackwell's, and a host of other fine locations in Britain, France, even Japan, you name it. Not to mention sites such as amazon. Yee haw!

My 'official' North American release of the series begins June 1, 2009. That's right, you'll see me in Barnes and Noble. It's been a bit over a year since I snagged a publishing deal, and some days it still blows my mind.

I'm currently working on book four in this series, as well as a stand alone novel within the true horror genre. Or rather, I should say, my idea of horror, when I think of horror. I consider the Paris Immortal series first and foremost, character driven stories in which some of the characters happen to be vampires. Is there a bit of horror as it goes along? Yes, why yes there is. Who can resist with vampires? I like my vampires to BE vampires, though don't expect 30 Days of Night or the like. This is not to say I don't like a gross out every now again,  and there's some of those as it goes along. Don't we all like that? ;-) My vamps just don't happen to be monstrous looking...well. Most of them. I prefer not sticking to...'one type.'

In any case, my plans are to update this blog with writing matters, perhaps talk of books and movies I like and would recommend, and likely whatever else comes to mind, as with my other journals. I may import some pieces concerning writing that I had posted elsewhere.

Every once in a while it might just be a free for all, but we'll see.

If you're interested, then hey. Nice to meet you. I could be considered a bit of a whackjob, but then again, define normal, eh? I'll wait while you do that. ;-)

One thing. I'm not interested in trolling and flame wars. Do it, you're gone. There, now that's out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment